Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 5

Where is the time going?
As with most of the students on the OCGD course, I have spent the weekend re-designing our first project. The critique session, where we all had to show and explain our designs for project 1, was as I expected enlightening! I think we were pretty much all guilty of designing a garden as opposed to designing the space. With designing the space the structure of the design is paramount, with strong interlocking shapes. Once the hard structure is in place then you can "decorate it," which is what makes it a garden. Sounds easy! The thing everyone wants to do is get that Wow factor in the design, which is not easy in a relatively small space. Anyway I have now drawn up plan B. I have also modelled the design into 3D with google sketchup to help give a visual appreciation of the design.
I have also prepared a "mood board" to help give a feel for the design. The mood board is made up of various photographs of materials and plants etc that I have based in the design.
I have only printed it off on A3 plain paper expecting the dreaded Red Pen treatment with the rest of the design at this weeks critique. But that's what learning is all about and what we've paid our money for!

No comments:

Post a Comment